Wednesday, May 7, 2008

If I had a millions dollars, I would buy you a big house...

Yeah, that's a Bare Naked Ladies song. I hate them too. And there was that one song where the guy wouldn't stop singing really fast about drumsticks or something. I dono. Anyways, that's not the point.

The point is this:



This house pictured above will be completed in January 2009. It will cost an estimated $2 billion. In crazy terms, that's $2,000,000,000. The average income for most U.S. citizens is around $35,000. So it would only take a little over 57,000 Americans with an average salary to afford this place using all of their pre-tax yearly income. Either that, or if you could get about a 150,000-year mortgage, you could probably afford this place. This place has a 6-story parking garage, a lobby with 9 elevators, a ballroom (no, not a ball-pit room unfortunately) with crystal chandeliers covering 80% of the ceiling and silver stair cases, and crazy lounges and gyms that don't have the same materials on any of the 27 floors. Plus it's got a sweet view of the Arabian Sea (from India). To put this into even more perspective, consider that the second most expensive house in the world is only $70 million. So this one will be close to 30 times the price of number 2. To quote Magic Johnson "that's crazy".

Now if I had 2 billion to spend on a place, I'd make it much cooler. I would have my own movie theater (like these people do). I would also have an indoor football field, as well as indoor hockey rinks (with full scoreboards) both ice hockey and roller. I would also have a big ball-pit room, along with most of a replicated set of the first (and best) American Gladiators show. One day I would be hangin out in the ball pit, swimmin like it was Uncle Scrooge's money vault, and the next day I would be kickin it on the Eliminator. And I would totally have mazes and secret rooms. A nice big filming studio. Also, a paintball court (and laser tag). Um, a jello-wrestling pit (think vast). And finally, a room with every single Superfriend's toy in triplicate, so that I could break some of them when they got injured and film the whole thing stop-animation-like. Yeah. Real rich people are no fun.

1 comment:

Loki said...

That house stinks. What a waste of $2 billion. It looks like a 70s hotel on the inside and like a boatload of butts on the outside. Ugh...