Monday, May 12, 2008

Fallon, Stop Laughing You're Not Funny



Jimmy Fallon will be taking over for Conan O’Brien on the Late Show. It isn’t so much that I hate Jimmy Fallon; I just want him to fail everything he ever attempts. I can’t picture Fallon doing a monologue well maybe a monologue but not a funny one. At least not one that viewers think is funny; obviously he will laugh through the whole thing.

Half of the humor and charm of the late night talk show host comes from their composure and delivery of their jokes. Fallon, known for breaking character and uncontrollable laughing, doesn’t seem like the kind of person you want hosting a talk show. Fallon is like a baby with keys being shaken in front of him. Yeah girls think he's cute but there is nothing going on upstairs. Oh, I think he just crapped his pants. Gross, well… at least he isn’t trying to act anymore.

Jimmy Fallon got his first big break while working on SNL. Yeah, I know what you’re thinking, that show is still on the air. I haven’t seen it since 1998 but I guess someone must be watching it.

The saving grace is that Conan will take over for ChinMan on the Tonight Show rendering the Late Show useless. So let Fallon have it, at that time of night we might as well let Carson Daly have a show too.

Wait. SERIOUSLY?

No comments: