Friday, April 4, 2008

Its a Woman, Its a Man, Its Pregnant???

A transgender man by the name of Thomas Beatie has been officially confirmed pregnant, not fat like previously thought. In case most of you don't know what transgender is, it is defined as, "a person appearing or attempting to be a member of the opposite sex, as a transsexual or habitual cross-dresser" (dictionary.com). Why the hell is this story considered news?? Basically this person was born female (they had tits, a vertical smile, and everything that comes along with it), then underwent many surgeries and also began taking testosterone pills to look more like a dude. Hey, I'm all about freedom and letting people do what they want, so by all means I have no problem with this thing having a kid (although I'm sure the kid will not lead a normal life and probably end up working at the post office, and one day walk in wearing a trench coat with black sunglasses and pull out a shotgun and start shooting like Peter North). The reason why I'm so frustrated with this story is that Thomas went on the Oprah Winfrey Show to declare that he/she/it is pregnant. I guess the theme of the show was something like "Pregnant Men blah blah blah". You can't say the show is about a pregnant man...when the person is not a fucking man!!!!!! Look I can't take a hamburger and put it in a hot dog roll and say its a hot dog, anyway you look at it I'm still eating a hamburger. If this were the case I wouldn't have gotten grounded as a kid for all the times I got drunk at high school basketball games by drinking vodka inside water bottles. This is the dumbest thing ever, Oprah your a moron, and give me a free car!

PS- Totally unrelated to the previous post, but does anyone else think it's weird that we have solar powered calculators but nothing else???

No comments: