Sunday, August 10, 2008

I knew it


As soon as Bernie Mac died a couple days ago, I said to myself "things like this happen in 3's". I was all set to make a post on Monday commenting that Cedric the Entertainer, Martin Lawrence, and Chris Rock should watch out and take it easy the next couple of days. But tragedy has already struck a 2nd time.

As many of you know by now, Bernie Mac died at the early age of 50 from complications related to pneumonia. And the PESUP crew is sad to inform you that Isaac Hayes (Chef from South Park) has passed away Sunday. He was 65.

While he was a scientologist (and we think it's pretty much a popular cult here), he was still a man that made us laugh by teaching us such valuable life lessons such as looking for the clit and making love down by the fire. Even South Park creator and lottery-winning best friend Trey Parker and Matt Stone had agreed that some fruity little club was to blame for his mind scramble, and that we should not blame the man who portrayed Chef.

So I put out a notice of caution for all older black comedians. At first I thought it would be traditional ones, but if you've even lent your voice to a hilarious cartoon character, beware. The law of 3's says one of you is next.

And I swear, if you take Samuel L. next, the PESUP crew will go to hell and back to bring him back from the grave. (I can't believe I found a picture with Bernie Mac, then Isaac Hayes, and then Samuel L. If he dies soon, we need to look into a conspiracy to kill the set of Soul Men.)

2 comments:

Puck said...

oh man; if they take Jackson or Rock, i'm gonna officially boycott the universe and become the living avatar of Entropy. eat your heart out, Joker

Anonymous said...

This is very upsetting. Because after the man died, I did my research (like the rest of the universe). Not only did Hayes enjoy his chocolate salty balls, but he wrote the greatest Sam & Dave song ever and the defacto theme song to the best movie about brothers whose last names were Blues and also happened to play blues music (ironic, no?)

Isaac, you are now, officially, a Soul Man.