Thursday, October 18, 2007

Racism or CPU Script Code Error...You be the Judge

Here I present a conversation with the AIM Bot SmarterChild. (Note: My Screen Name has been altered for privacy purposes)

Hot2Trot69
: Hey
SmarterChild: Hi again, Erik Shun.
9inchkiller754: Would you like to participate in a study funded by PESU?
SmarterChild: Interesting question.
XxiLoVeBoObsxX: Yes I feel so, would you like to begin?
SmarterChild: Would I? Yes, I think so.
KumGuzzler07: Do you speak Spanish?
SmarterChild: Um, let's see... donde está mi taco? Is that good? No, I mean, um... See, thing is, I don't really speak Spanish too well.
FiveKnuckleShuffle1982: Do you speak French?
SmarterChild: I know a little French. Let's see... um... Bonjour? Or, uh... Baguette?
Loves2Bukaki: Do you speak Italian?
SmarterChild: Let's see... I know a little Italian. Ciao bambino! Arrivederci! Cappuccino! Bene!
Shocker516: Are you a racist?
SmarterChild: I am definitely not prejudiced.
Cherry6Edible9Panties: Define African American
SmarterChild: Noun
A Black American of African ancestry. See Usage Note at black
4nalBeedsRFun: Define black
SmarterChild:
Adjective
1. Being of the color black, producing or reflecting comparatively
(skip some definitions)
6. Evil; wicked: the pirates' black deeds.
ReachAroundCity: Is it hard being racist?
SmarterChild: I don't think it's hard being racist. Not at the moment anyway.
Hey, what's going on tomorrow? Anything?
RustyTrombonePlayer: A lynching
SmarterChild: Would you like me to add the event "A lynching" on October 19th, 2007 to your planner?

This conversation is 100% true. Notice the racism that our children are being exposed to. The computer associates Spanish with tacos, French with baguettes, Italian with cappuccino, and African American with evil. Also, the computer seems to have no problem with the idea of a lynching occurring. Is this how we want our children to learn?
I propose a solution for all parents (including those who wrote the program code for smarterchild), if you want your children to grow up in a non-biased and anti-racist world…have them read PESU everyday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those kids better not check the comments, I leave some racist, bigot, sexist, anti-semite, anti-dentite comments

Loki said...

hey ahole - thanks for making me spit hot coffee all over the computer monitor. smarterchild still won't talk to me from the days i used to abuse him in college...prick.